Dr. Mariam Al-Jalahma
Chief Executive Officer
National Health Regulatory Authority, Bahrain
Appointed by His majesty the King of Bahrain, in 2015 as the Chief Executive Officer of the National Health Regularity Authority in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Member of the supreme council of health Member of the national task force for combating Covid 19
• Assistant Undersecretary for Primary Care and Public Health at MOH 2009 -2015
• Member of the Executive Board of The Health Ministers’ Council for GCC States 2009-2015.
• Member in Academic accreditation Committee of the supreme council for Higher education in 2016.
• Member of the Sura Council in 2000, and a member of the National Institute for Human rights. 2002
• Advisor for the world health organization in the fields of Adolescents and Non communicable diseases (NCDs).2009
• Assistant Professor Arabian Gulf University.
• Arab Board certificate in Family & Community Medicine in 1990
• Higher studies diploma in medical education from Dundee University in Scotland in 1994
• Diploma in Health Care Management from Royal college of surgeon in Ireland in 2000
Honorees & medals
• Awarded an honouree medal of efficiency by his majesty the king of Bahrain.
• In 1990 Awarded by the prime minister awards for leaders of Muharraq.
• In 2009 she was awarded by Her Highness Shaikha Sabika Bent Ebrahim Al-Khalifa the Princess of Bahrain and Chairperson of Woman Supreme council the award of National Woman Day Celebration; the award is presented to women leaders in health.
• In June 2011 she is awarded by the regional office for eastern Mediterranean of the WHO the Anti-tobacco award of the region.
• Global award for health pioneers from UAE
• GCC Award for Civil Services and administrative development 2019.
• Selected by the Regional Network for Social Responsibility among the
list of the 100 most influential Arab personalities in the field of social
responsibility for the year 2020
• Awarded as CEO catalysts of the year by the International Data Corporation (IDC), 2021
• Awarded Prince Salman Bin Hamad Medal for Medical Merit awarded by his Majesty the King of Bahrain 2021.